The Blacksmith Shop at the Yards

The Albuquerque Rail Yards is an area of great historic significance in Albuquerque. Originally constructed in 1916, the portion of the rail yards, known as the “Blacksmith Shop” had suffered years of vacancy and neglect. The City of Albuquerque selected the Design-Build Team led by Bradbury Stamm Construction to improve the Blacksmith Shop to meet applicable building and safety codes to allow for temporary use for public events. Site improvements included the northern portion of the rail yards property in order to provide parking, ADA accessibility to the shop, public toilets, staging area, trash collection, and required fire truck access and pathways to fire “safe dispersal” areas.