The Santa Fe Opera was originally established in 1957 and is a nationally renowned venue.
The first phase of the renovation consisted of additions/renovations to the Picnic Plaza, Concession Stand, Box Office, and Opera Shop incorporating extensive additional restrooms. In addition, major enhancements were made to the artistic support building, including moving the existing elevator. Extensive utility work, including a new electrical loop was incorporated.
The second phase of the project consisted of approximately 13,000 sf of new production space for the Opera, nearly doubling the existing spaces. New production and office spaces were constructed for the Scene Shop, Furniture Shop, and Paint Shop. Much of the new space was constructed below grade, beneath the new Stravisky Terrace plaza.
Also included was the demolition of the existing Donor’s Lounge and replacement of a new, 6,000 sf Donor’s Lounge, with high end finishes and expansive views of Opera Facilities and the surrounding mountains.